Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Monday, 25 June 2007
A few months ago I decided to switch to cloth diapers. Well that lead to Diaperswappers which lead to too many pretty poop catchers and then to having to make Rowan some clothes that would actually fit over her diapers and then to a few extra pieces I thought I'd dye and share...
And on May 27th I opened a little shop at Etsy and it is addictive!

First of all~ WAY too many cool things there. Secondly, for the first time in two years I have enough free moments to express my creative side (of course, I ought to use this to finish quilts, sweaters or myriad other craft projects of old~ mind you I have collars and bags left from dog show craft days, so they are up, too!) and I am loving the chance to try out some new techniques and develop new skills. Thirdly, I am finding tie dyeing VERY therapeutic!

There are so many things in life we (or me, at least) want to control... and we try. With tie dyeing, you do you best, you take your idea, choose your colours and then you have to let it go ~ wrap it up, put it away for 24 hours (practice PATIENCE) and see what turns out! The colours the patterns, the beauty (and the beasts!) all offer opportunity for learning and it is FUN to give in to the chaos every once in a while! Kind of like how I gave up my watch this year.

One wild and crazy mama, huh?

Is it wrong that the result of starting to dye (and paint, too) is that I don't have the washing machine free for cloth diapers and Rowan is back in disposables right now?! (oops!)


Happy House Quilts said...

I'm liking your blog a lot...more reading to do!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY