Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Wednesday, 12 March 2008
I *really* don't need another craft. I don't! But I am continually drawn to the colour and texture of felted wool and the appeal of something else to dye. So with the excuse of making a few Easter goodies, I ordered a couple of kits on Etsy to give it a try.

Of course, I was too impatient for the mail and had to get my own roving and dye it up! Lacking proper felting needles, I had to begin with wet felting. I am really pleased with the balls I have made, and would love to felt soap (made one attempt) but the PAIN caused to my hands and forearms from the wet felting (I have carpal tunnel syndrome not to mention eczema on my hands) makes it impossible to pursue, except for the balls which you can get your washer to help with! I have listed a few balls in my Etsy shop.

Thank goodness for the arrival of my felting needles!
OK, the neck hurts and the arms don't love it but I do!

I started with this adorable, easy and well put together kit from Woolpets on Etsy. My bunny is a little canine in form, but cute, and Rowan loves him bunches. I then used the remaining fluff to make an Easter egg (with Rowan choosing the colours). Oh, I know I have a long way to go, but it is really fun and a great take along craft (I needle felted all through a 2 hour meeting today).

I want more roving and I want felting gloves, because when you punch one of these needles through your finger, you know it! Boy, wool felting is not only addictive, it is down right dangerous!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY