Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Monday, 3 March 2008
I had so much fun doing the White Rabbit play dress that I decided to do a series! The next one is a 4T play dress, dyed with low water immersion (lwi) in shades of blue and hand painted with Alice as we find her in the Garden of Living Flowers.

I have been using the public domain work of artist John Tenniel from the first edition of Alice in Wonderland (1865). Engraved on wood blocks for woodcut printing, they make challenging inspiration for coloured and painted work!

Not to mention the wonder and whimsy of Carroll's story which is both sharp commentary and flight of fancy.

I have my eye on the wonderful illustration of the sleeping Gryphon, but the Mad Hatter has interesting possibilities as well! I'd like to do something for the boys on an incoming hoodie.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY