Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Monday, 31 March 2008
So Rowan informs me.

With her recent obsession with all things fish and ocean related, she has decided that we need to eat penguins. In fact, she announced on our way to the grocery store that I needed to put penguins on the list.

A little probing revealed her intention to eat them (at first I thought she wanted to feed them, but no...) and she would not be deterred.

When I told her people don't eat penguins (do they?!) she replied haughtily: "Our family eats penguins".
When I told her the grocery store didn't carry penguins she replied, logically, "Ask them". Not to be put off, I figured the easiest thing to do was to ask.

The poor clerk looked both shocked and appalled as I asked her: "Excuse me, could you tell me where you keep the penguin meat?" while shaking my head 'no' most fervently. She stuttered out a questioning "we don't have penguin meat..." and then the killer... "or I don't think so...".

Needless to say Rowan still thinks we are going to find penguins in the frozen food section, given the clerks lack of certainty (and I still wonder if she thoughtwe were serious OR that they just might carry penguins?!).

I wonder how penguin tastes? Like chicken?


able mabel said...

Haaa! Haaa!!! That is way too funny!!

I'd agree that it probably would taste like chicken ;)!

Honeydew Studio said...

Heehee! Your daughter sounds like quite the little character! You can tell her that penguins are protected animals, and that it would actually be illegal to eat them.
One of my friends loves to experiment with new foods. Here's a link to some of her recipes:
In the past, I know she's cooked alligator, ostrich, kangaroo, buffalo, wild boar, etc. If you find a good butcher or meat specialty shop near your house, you might be able to let your daughter try something funky after all (even if it's not penguin!) (o:

espionage said...

This is amazing. And yet another reason why I love children.

ChristopherAndTia said...

hahahah. thats such a cute story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY