Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Saturday, 5 April 2008
The 'F' word?
Our sitter told me this week that Rowan has been tossing around the f-shots.
I didn't really buy it. I mean it could be 'frog' (months ago she sounded like the was cursing everytime she said FROG) or some other innocent word, right?
I mean, she used to ask to be carried by saying 'I carry you' which sounded like a death threat from a character in a kung fu movie~ "I keel you!".
The word isn't part of our vernacular and the sitter says it dates before a recent visit to my mom's (not that Grandma curses like a sailor, either).
We don't have adult tv on when she is around.
So tonight when Rowan was asked to pick up her shoes and she CLEARLY said "F _ _ _" I was taken aback.
I asked her what she said.
F
F
F
Oh, what does that mean? I asked.
It means F!#@, she says.
Oh, says I. Determined not to react.
I don't know if that is really what she is saying, but it sounds close enough. I'd love to know where that came from.

I am still hoping it is just one of her 'words' like 'flugger blugger' or 'plip' that she likes to play with.
And I am really hoping she doesn't decide to play with it in church tomorrow!

7 comments:

Christopher And Tia said...

oh my gosh, I can totally relate. sometimes our daughter says something that sounds like something else, and turns out its nothing. so when she actually starts saying the somethings that i wish were just nothings, ugh, who knows how we'll handle that. i wish you luck, haha.

ArtsyChaos said...

Oh, aren't kids fun !? :)

SecretMe said...

o gosh lol, I work in a nursery and children play around with their phonics and words its all experimental, just before you go into church give her a sugar free lollipop??

Autonomous Artisans said...

Children are like tiny sponges that keep on soaking up information until they get so full they don't have any more room.

They pick up words from everywhere. My niece when only three miss heard a lady in a shop saying the word Pervy. My niece went around all day saying to everyone "You're a mervy! You're a mervy!"

I must be honest I found it very hard not to laugh very loudly every time she said it.

Caroline said...

Ahhh, kids! I remember when I called my sitter a "sonofabitch" without really knowing what it meant. Pretty sure that's my parents' fault for letting me watch "On Golden Pond." :D

Anam Cara Candles said...

wow, I feel for you there, fingers are crossed for church! my daughter's fav, I am not sure what she means by it she uses it at all times but it sounds like "die" "die"
So I am there with the horror flick too!

Take care

RainbowMom said...

Oh dear lol I hope she doesn't take it to play at church! Children say the darndest things!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY