Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Monday, 19 May 2008
Like most things, I go ahead and do and learn as I go.
I have decided to try my hand at producing some ACEOs.

What is an ACEO? Glad you asked! I was on Etsy forever before I knew that one! An ACEO = Art Card, Editions, Originals. Clear as mud, huh? Basically, they are art trading cards. The only rule is that they must measure 2.5 x 3.5". They can be originals or prints, any style, any material. They are great for collecting, trading sharing. they are an opportunity to hold some great art in your hands and even decorate, if only your fridge or desk!

I have been really working on seeing my work as art~ it is just tough when what you create gets worn, spilled on and wiped upon by toddlers. So stepping into producing ACEOs of my work is difficult leap for me in terms of self-perception. But leap, I shall, or at least dip my toes.

At this time, it makes the most sense to produce prints of the photography of my work. Some of them are the work itself, and some the photography that reflects work in progress or action (silk is wonderful for this!). But the idea of felted ACEOs is appealing, too.

So I have a couple listed at Etsy and we'll see how it goes!


Rosebud Collection said...

Again I am glad for the explanation of ACEO cards. I didn't get it..Thanks for such a great explanation..And may I add..beautiful cards..

Denise said...

oh, I would love to see some felted ones!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY