Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Sunday, 4 May 2008

This little handmade purse is an experiment~ I knit it, sewed it up, wet felted it, dyed it and embellished it~ and learned a few things along the way! It is far from perfect, but still darn cute, and Rowan was happy to claim it.

I tend to jump into things headlong, and when it came time to felt this little one, I didn't have a plan. I wrapped it up and tossed it in the machine, but the handle escaped and wound itself everywhere. Next time I'll try a lingerie bag and zip it in! The result is a tear on the handle and a wonky shape that even blocking didn't fix.

I have a couple more attempts in progress, so we'll see if I have it figured out yet!


RainbowMom said...

Great job! It's adorable. :) I have never felted before but I always love the look of it.

Annabelle said...

Cute, cute, cute!


Distressing Delilah said...

Love it!!!

thefeltedsheep said...

Such a cute little bag! If you use a pillowcase it keeps all the fluffies from getting all over the washer too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY