Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Saturday, 3 May 2008
That's it.
I am not lifting my shirt for anyone again unless I get beads.

Andy is snoring like a buffalo~ if her were a cartoon character there would be a feather wafting up and down, as well as the entire roof. I have a migraine. And my chest hurts like crazy!

I am frustrated that my breast reduction (while a successful removal of nearly 5 lbs. and has meant no neck or back pain since the surgery three weeks ago and no arm or hand pain/numbness) is healing so slowly due to a stubborn infection. A week ago I felt like a million bucks (ok Percocet helped!) but all this week I have been the same ~ rotten, and in more pain with *less* mobility of my arms and upper body.

And almost everyday I have to show someone my chest! I almost asked the doctor today (2nd trip urgent care, third prescription for antibiotics) for some beads first when he came in and then called a nurse so he wouldn't look at me without backup (which I *totally* understand, but given the Frankenboobs, I wasn't in fear of being molested LOL). But he didn't look to have much sense of humour, so I bit my tongue and flashed him anyway.

So I am whiny tonight and anxious about not getting back to work when planned. But my whinging aside I have to keep in mind why I had the surgery: comfort, self image, neck/back pain/ arm pain, headaches, more comfort for exercising etc. and look forward to wearing a bathing suit this summer without a bra (seriously!), buying some pretty blouses that don't gape and actually fit, pretty bras, and hugging my daughter really close with much longer arms... which is what it is really about~ a healthier me for myself and my family!

More than you needed to know? Maybe.
Pass the percocet and some beads and I'll shut up.


LazyTcrochet said...

Save a pic of your frankenboobs? It sounds like you need to take it easy. Do you knit? Maybe plan to go get some Mardis Gras beads next year LOL.

Callooh Callay said...

I think the Mardi Gras beads usually go along with a hurricane--but I guess Percocet would accomplish the same thing. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY