Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Sunday, 18 May 2008
This little sculpture doubles as a trinket dish~ rings or a bracelet can be put safely in the pool.

Needle felted with corriedale and merino and YAK~ yes yak~ The brown is all yak fiber (cool, huh?!), this little sculpture was a fun experiment in making a person as well as trying out some ideas and different styles of felting.

Faces scare me. I mean, making them scares me (not scares me like freaky mascots scare me *shiver*)~ whether painted or felted or drawn, they intimidate me. I am happy with this one, though the nose gave me some trouble. I was so pleased with the effect of the dress due to the very pretty multihued violet/ pink roving.

11 comments:

Christa from Chloe Rose said...

Wow - what a beautiful creation. I know very little about felting, but your little lady is so sweet. I also read your post about the funeral. You sound like a warm wonderful person.

God Bless - Christa

Blue & White Wear said...

That is so sweet! I also like your tree huggers!

Merylu said...

That's really really gorgeous!!!!!!

Merylu PetiteFraise

Sam said...

Wow, that is just beautiful and amazing! I really admire your work...
xx Sam

Beat Black said...

thats so well done.
you shouldn't be intimidated, your really good!

BabyLyons said...

great job! The face did turn out really well :)

Patti said...

Such a delicate project...she's beautiful! I can't imagine the creativity and patience this took!

Parallax Photo said...

She's lovely. I'm so impressed with needle felting

Momo said...

Very pretty - the pose, the color an the face.

Rosebud Collection said...

What a great job you did and love the little face...

winlotto said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY