Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Saturday, 14 June 2008
If your little girl (or boy!) is like mine, they protest every time they get their hair brushed!

Rowan has long hair, and while I love the ease of pulling it all back out of her face for summer time, I dread the brushing, too, because it tangles easily and she cries over every snarl and rat (as my mother called them). She also has sensitive skin and eczema, so I don't like using the drying chemical solutions available in stores. So I just have to rave about an awesome product (and I sound like an infomercial LOL).

Blue House Soaps
. Sigh. Such yummy products~ I have a body sugar I have to restrain myself from eating every morning ~ Honey Almond, like marzipan! Melissa makes a great, all natural leave in conditioner and detangler which we use for Rowan and it does a great job. I found the store sprays made her hair greasy, this is light weight and doesn't leave residue. And it comes in various sizes and a whole host of scents.

We have Oatmeal Honey Vanilla (makes Ro smell like an oatmeal cookie!) and Vanilla Mint (a peppermint patty!)~ the scents are great but not overpowering or terribly long lasting, which is good since the black flies would eat the kid alive if she went out like that!

I just love having a clean toddler with shiny hair and a delicious smell for bedtime cuddles (and no tears, so I thought I'd share the BHS love! And of course, it isn't just for the little ones.

5 comments:

Annie said...

Thanks for sharing! I have a toddler boy with lovely long hair and recently I've been tempted to cut it because he doesn't like having it brushed and it's starting to get the rats and snarls too. I may have to try this out! Like you said, I don't want anything full of chemicals or something that leaves his hair sticky or greasy.

LazyTcrochet said...

Thanks! I got so tired of buying over-the-counter products that don't work and make their hair greasy right after it's washed. I'll try this!

Nodin's Nest said...

great tip, I love the packaging already!

mary jane said...

i've added these guys to my favorites because their things sound SO great! thanks for posting about them!
xo
mary jane

Athena's Armoury said...

Thanks for the tip! I'm going to have to check them out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY