Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Friday, 1 August 2008
I use Google Alerts for my business. My name is a little unusual, so alerts for 'Beneath the Rowan Tree' or BTRT are not too frequent or plentiful.

There is a band from Down Under called Beneath the Rising Tide which picks up some 'BTRT' alerts. And around the celtic/ pagan festival dates we pick up some more rowans in relation to the tree's role in myth and legend.

Our shop name is actually drawn from an 19th century Scots-Canadian poem.

But lately we have been getting a *lot* of alerts for 'beneath a rowan tree'~ and it turns out it is a haunting, lovely ballad by Emi Fujita, entitled Beneath a Rowan Tree.

So I thought I would post about it and see if it scrambles Google's giant brain to send an alert about an alert, linked to OTHER places it may pick up an alert... Bwahaahahahahaaha

5 comments:

Mindless Pursuits said...

Sounds delightfully EVIL.... which means I love it! :)

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Hehehe... nothing like a little mindless messing with the Googlebots! You wicked girl!

Julie said...

It's so funny that you should write about this now. I specifically came looking for your blog after repeatedly seeing your store name on Hyena Cart.

My dh and son are in bagpipe bands and one of the songs they play is "Rowan Tree."

This is not them, but here is the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5R3j4km_lE

Lori said...

How cool is that! Thanks for sharing that with me :)

Andrew said...

Hey, a friend of mine showed me the site and said read the second sentence

I laughed when I realised you mentioned my band haha!

I'm from Beneath The Rising Tide

x
Andrew

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY