Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Thursday, 4 September 2008
So, how many years do you have to be out of school before you stop dreaming about school? I graduated, finally, in 1997. And I still had a school anxiety dream on the night before the first day of school.

Only this time, when I couldn't find my locker, remember the lock combo or find my first class I had to do it all with a stroller in tow. And when I went to the gymnasium for the opening assembly, I kept losing my toddler, on top of the feeling that I had already missed too many math classes to catch up. How mean is that?!

Even so, I love fall. I love the change in the air and sunlight. The new colour of the sky late afternoon. The Rowan (ok, Mountain Ash) trees in fruit. The fall fairs. New clothes (once I clean out my closet I promised myself something new!) with long sleeves and rich colours. New beginnings.

This year I am poignantly aware that *next* year at this time my baby goes to school. I am also looking at the closing of my Hyena Cart congo (Take Off Your Shoes) and the possibility of that developing into something new. Considering a new and unexpected business opportunity. Working with my real job to accommodate and meet some big changes this fall. And knowing I need to work some exercise and self-care into all of this (not to mention our postponed adoption plans to consider as we were postponing until this upcoming spring).

Ah.
I love fall.
I really, truly do!

1 comments:

Jenn said...

Oh, I love fall too. I got married in the fall...we agreed it was our favorite time of year because of the colors, the crisp cool air, the smells and warm woolen sweaters.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY