Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Thursday, 27 November 2008
I have been working on and off between orders on completing a sculptural piece~ and it is done! It isn't quite where I intended it to go~ a mom had commented about needing a sculpture of her first thing in the morning fixing breakfast with a toddler hanging of her leg and a new baby on her hip... so i was headed in that direction, but no matter how I tried, this mama was determined to be calm, cool and collected.
I mean, I should have been able to sculpt frazzled mother, what with my truculent three year old these days, but nope. Maybe it i s something in the softness of the wool that calls out gentleness and connectedness, but here we go!
'Attached' is 100% wool, completely needlefelted. The mama is approximately 8" tall.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

She is beautiful Lori!

lori said...

wow. i think this is my favorite so far! beautiful!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

How sweet! Your pieces are so genuine and lovely. You have a way of putting so much feeling into your work. I love it!

Lori said...

Thanks, I appreciate the kind words :)

Sarah - Bugaboo Baby & You said...

Okay, you have sculpted my life every day! Beautiful work Lori!

Angela said...

Sooooo amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY