Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Friday, 16 January 2009
Well. I haven't done it yet.
But I am going to. Oh yes, I am.

I have been resisting the urge to learn to spin with a drop spindle. I do not need another craft. But the fiber made me do it. I mean, I already have the raw materials (do I ever!) but I needed the tool, just one little innocent tool.

So I ordered two! I found a nice little shop on Etsy~ Maine Woods Yarn~ that had a kit with both a top and bottom whorl spindle and I caved in to the fiber pressure (or maybe it was the mountain of fiber exploding in the corner of the room?).

It is here and I am anxious to give it a try. I found a nice series of videos on YouTube by 'The Art of Megan' which were very enlightening.

I don't need another craft and I don't enjoy knitting, but I do have a lot of fiber and a yen to learn to spin, so I will keep you posted!

8 comments:

Mayhem said...

My sister in law used to do that. She made yarn out of everything on earth. Interesting stuff. Good luck!

knitsational said...

This is something I would love to learn to do. But, I'm like you, no another craft! I'll learn one of these days, though.

HappyTrees said...

You'll love it! I love spinning more than i love knitting or crocheting!

Rebecca said...

Oh, how funny! I bought the same set last week- except with a blue/green colorway roving.

You can see my first spinning attempt here:
http://ittybittymiracle.blogspot.com/2009/01/happy-homemaking.html

I'm embarrassed to say, however, that the yarn is still on the spindle.

BTW...one of the other etsy buys for my belated christmas was a pair of your rainbow stockings for DD. I can't wait!

memoriesforlifescrapbooks said...

Good for you for trying something new :) I hope it goes well!

Almay Alday said...

Have fun! Can't wait to hear all about your adventures picking up a new craft!

nova_j said...

lol one of my friends bought a drop spindle a while ago... in under a month she had bought a full size spinning wheel because she was so in love with the spinning process! so be warned, it can be a gateway craft! ;)

Lori said...

LOL Every craft is a gateway craft!
Thanks for the encouragement.
And Rebecca~ that is so cool :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY