Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Wednesday, 18 February 2009
My reasoning (to my husband who said I didn't need another craft) for purchasing a drop spindle was to do something with all my scrap roving~ I had this vision of spinning all the bits into a crazy fiber.

And I did it! And I love it. What it lacks in uniformity and skill it makes up for in craziness and colour. It is very thick and thin, mostly because I didn't draft it, just made myself a pile of pieces of various lengths and similar width and grabbed them on the fly (or, er, spin).

I was tempted to use some of the samples of glitz and angelina and other novelty stuff I have received in fiber packages but I wanted to be sure it all felted, so I resisted (there is a wee bit of glitz on one of the fibers).

It was actually a very good exercise in spinning ~ I learned a lot as I went. I think I did about 120 yards in all.

So I spun it (and spun and spun and spun~ boy, it takes a lot of yarn to make anything!)~ very time consuming vs. just spinning out a long length of one roving! And I have knit up a basic bag which is all ready to be fulled (felted) once I attach the handle.I'll update after the fulling and blocking... this could go beautifully or badly given the uneveness of the yarn in some places. I am hoping the felting will equalize it!

10 comments:

Walk in the Woods said...

It looks beautiful - I love the play of colors!

Becca said...

Yummy yarn :)

Angie said...

This is going to be so cool! I love the variations with all of the different colors. I think the thick and thin of things will just add to the charm of the piece. Will you be selling this in your shop?

Jen said...

It is so bright and fun! Love it!!!
10oneworld

glassidentities said...

this is amazing I can not wait to see it finished.

Distressing Delilah a.k.a. jenn said...

I lov it, especially all the colors!

Rebecca said...

it looks beautiful already!

Julie said...

That's so awesome! love all of the colors.

Shadow said...

Wow, that looks gorgeous. Can't wait to see the finished item!

Jacaranda Designs said...

all those colors together are simply gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY