Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Friday, 20 February 2009
I'm done!
Whew! This was a bigger project than I planned (spinning all those scraps together was time consuiming!), but I am happy with the results.
You can see my post just before this one for the work in progress to this point.

The finished purse is bigger than I intended (maybe 12 x 10"? I have to measure if I can find my measuring tape~ last seen playing snake), but the strap is long enough to go across the chest which works well with the width.

I was concerned about different fibers felting differently (how quickly, how much) and this did come into play, creating a bit of an issue with the width of one side of the purse vs. the other, which was resolved with enough coaxing and felting, but I would be more careful in a future project (things like swaledale and jacob likely shouldn't be included with the softer fibers). I was also wondering how the thick and thin would felt relative to one another and this was less of an issue, thankfully.So~ this purse is made with handspun (spun from my roving scraps and bits), hand knit, fulled/ felted and accented with felted curlies and hand felted beads. I am feeling pretty good about this very handmade project~ learned lots and a real sense of accomplishment in using new/different skills. A great 'palette-cleansing' project!

7 comments:

Marci Simonini said...

Your talent and creativity never seizes to amaze me. Beautiful work, keep spinning.

Laura said...

Like I told you on Flickr you have inspired me. I will gather some fibers tonight and give it a try. I am not sure how much scrap I have and my knitting skill's are basic at best. I may need to crochet. :) But I would love to spin and knit, it would show off two of the skills that I have set goals for.

Lori said...

Go for it, this is straight old knitting :)
Have fun!

Lori said...

Oh,a nd thanks Marci, too sweet you are!

Shadow said...

Fantastic Lori!

FairiesNest said...

Very impressive! And it looks lovely!

Dreaming Monet said...

wow, just now seeing this. how gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY