Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Tuesday, 24 March 2009
(This is a follow up to last night's post).

When Rowan got up this morning she asked what was happening today and when I told her (neutrally and lightly) she was going to see her sitter for a half day I could *see* her worry. I then told her I spoke to the sitter and we worked it out.

Rowan brightened immediately and asked "She'll just open a window?". And when I said yes, and that she should tell the sitter if it is bothering her and ask kindly, Rowan grinned and started bouncing around happy and asking to go right away for the WHOLE day!

I was floored. I had no idea that this had really been weighing on her and it was like the weight lifted off her shoulders. Boy, this is going to be a tougher job (this parenting gig) than I thought it would be, in ways I never imagined!

She had a fabulous time with the sitter and can't wait to go back for her day next week.

3 comments:

Siayla said...

Isn't it amazing how what we think can be such a little thing, can be so important to our little ones. Children need more credit then they get sometimes. So happy for you that you were able to work through this with her by listening to her needs and finding a solution to help everyone. Not so stinky now, but rather a sweet smelling parenting success! Pat your self on the back :)

Caroline D. said...

wow. I'm really impressed. Thanks for writing and setting such a good example for up moms with sensitive kiddos. :)

Lori said...

Thanks and you're welcome. It is amazing the things we learn from our kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY