Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Monday, 2 March 2009
...but I don't really 'get it'~ I keep thinking there must be some central place or purpose (and there isn't, which kind of blows my mind!).

SO I am trying it, but the self-centred nature of it, combined with the lack of real dialogue or community building is rather antithetical for me. I mean, I am not that interesting, and I don't know if, in 140 characters/ spaces, anyone else will be either (which isn't an insult, just the truth of how little you can really know someone in that little 'tweet'). I mean, when I am signed in, I can't even find a Twitter home page which isn't *mine* and that makes me nuts!

I'm going to give it a fair run, to see what it is all about, but I can't be alone in my reservations or bedfuddlement!

I am if anyone wants to help a girl out LOL


Laura said...

Twitter is fun once you get going. When I first started I kept wondering "why?" Now I look at the clock and I have been there hours. I will go follow you. As far as networking for business it helps I have made sales from there but it is more social people don't want to only hear about what you sell.

Rebecca said...

Yeah, I'm having difficulty getting into it too.

I must be doing something wrong... its just not holding my interest.

I'm bittymiracle on twitter.

FairiesNest said...

I've only just figured out Facebook, Twitter is probably beyond my capabilities. ;)

steadymom said...

Couldn't agree more. Just doesn't feel like me, so I'm not sure I'm going to keep going on Twitter. I figure, just because it's out there, doesn't mean it's worthwhile!?

junko said...

I couldn't take twitter either, Lori. It just seemed like a big waste of time to me! So I cancelled it. Of course, this is coming from someone who is afraid of facebook and myspace, sooo...take my comment for what it's worth ;)

Lori said...

A couple more days in and I am no more enamoured, either.

tea4tamara said...

I know this is late, but I had to add a comment! :)

Twitter is awesome, I absolutely adore it. But the key is to engage in conversation. Try to make at least a third of your tweets to someone, in response to one of their own tweets. This gets the conversation started. Also search for things that interest you - I search for terms like babywearing, breastfeeding and home birth and have found a ton of like minded mamas. Give it a shot, you'll find Twitter so much more entertaining once you engage with other people!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY