Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Sunday, 24 May 2009
While looking for resources to teach my daughter to finger knit (there is a great video here) I stumbled across a reference to a knitting nancy.

You remember! The spool or corking set you had as a child for making those long tails of knitted yarn from the scrap bag!

Looking a little further I couldn't find much available for a child to use today for practicing handiwork. So a little tinkering and a few trials and errors and I came up with a design I am happy with and I am offering a couple for sale in our shop anniversary this Tuesday/ Wednesday.

Suitable for kids age 4+.

2 comments:

nova_j said...

gorgeous! you can get plenty where i live, but of course, all flimsy plastic..

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

My daughter's was called a knitting mushroom. She just loved it! Yours are just lovely! Good luck!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY