Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Thursday, 28 May 2009
I have a whole pot full and no one to share it with!

I am not what you would call a cook, so this is the most recipe you will get from this blog!

Around here if I want rhubarb I have to do it myself. My mother and grandmother always cut, froze, stewed and baked with it and we have a nice sized patch in our back yard (which I give away every spring due to the anti-rhubarb vote in this house).

So yesterday we (Ro and I) cut and stewed some~ I thought it was delicious. Rowan said she would eat that when she is a grownup (adding to her long list of things to do when she grows up) and Andy wouldn't go near it.


Cut fresh rhubarb into cubes.

Boil water and dissolve 1/2 c. sugar for 4c. rhubarb

Reduce to simmer and add the rhubarb.

Simmer 15 minutes until the rhubarb is translucent and breaks up with stirring.


I then added natural clover honey and ground cinnamon to taste.

Yummy warm!
If I ate dairy, I am sure it would be delightful over ice cream!

1 comments:

Shadow said...

Oooh rubarb crumble with lots of custard. Mmmmm

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY