Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Monday, 29 June 2009
A little bit crazy quilt, a whole lot of felt....

I have been trying to come up with a way to do something like the laptop sleeve I made for myself in a smaller (therefore affordable based on time to make) format~ I have a few ideas, but the first out of the gate are some fun little needle books. The textures, colours and whimsy make me happy and in the 4" square size they are large enough to hold needles, threads and other notions yet small enough to carry any where.

The very best part (for me as a felter!) is that the front of the wallet is suitable for transporting needlefelting needles without breaking the delicate tips as happens in more flexible needle cases.

Each needle book is made with a combination of upcycled wool (sweaters etc.) and wet and needlefelted new fiber. All stitching is done by hand with cotton floss. The button is vintage (from my grandmother's button jar) and the tie is handspun yarn.

One of the first designs is now available in our Etsy shop.

7 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

I love them!

Audrey said...

That is too cute!!! I am forever loosing my needles.

42PurpleElephants said...

Those are adorable! I don't sew very often and I'm still tempted to buy one anyway! :)

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

So whimsical!

SignatureSterling~Untie the Ribbons! said...

How wonderful! Love these!

Congratulations on receiving the "Premio Meme Award"! Details are awaiting you at my blog! :-)

Peace,
Sue
http://signature-sterling.blogspot.com

aliceinparis said...

Your work is gorgeous! I love those wee needle books:)

Anne said...

They are so sweet!....:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY