Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Saturday, 20 June 2009
I'm done!
Did I mention I hate hand stitching?!
Since my sewing machine was broken and I had to ride the momentum, this whole piece is hand done.

Measures 15 x 12".
100% wool~ wet felted and pieced top, embellished with needlefelting (and a little tussah silk)
Recycled sweater back.
Stitched with cotton floss.
Vintage (from my Grandma's button jar) Button with handpsun tie (by me).

I love the finished effect~ it pleases my need for COLOUR and texture in a big way. I'd like to play with the concept a little more towards offering some pieces in this style in the shop... we'll see!


Christie Cottage said...

It looks fantastic! Great job!

Love 2 B Inspired said...

Can I tell you that I LOVE IT!! I think they will do really well in your store. I can't wait to see what else you create. I will be keeping an eye out to see how much these will be and what others you make.

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Very nice! Charming, in fact!

Jacaranda Designs said...

This is so cool - very different from your average laptop cover! Makes me want to buy a laptop!

Sarah Knight said...

great job!

FairiesNest said...

Wow, gorgeous! I love all the colors.

Kathleen said...

It's beautiful Lori, I love the colours!

leeleeoh7 said...

I love how bright and colourful this is! And the cute hearts on the reverse side are adorable =) Great job!!

slackermom said...

That is so beautiful, what incredible work. I would LOVE to see a tutorial on something like this. Nice work!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

This is such a fantastic idea! So arty looking and practical. Way better than those pleather cases! Beautiful!

Rachel said...

The textures and colors are simply scrumptious! Absolutely beautiful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY