Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Saturday, 20 June 2009
Every once in a while I get a crazy idea~ crazy in that I have no iea what I am doing, but I know what I want to make.

I envisioned a sleeve for my new laptop made of felt~ cushy, protective, natural, breathable...
I am *not* a wet felter, but this was a great chance to try again.
So I did!
I wet felted panels of 'fabric', cut them to fit and sewed them up by hand.
This is the front panel before finishing:I am almost done~ having done some needlefelted details and a recycled sweater back. I will put up some pics as soon as I get the button sewn on!

I think, with a lining, these would make awesome shoulder bags, so I am working with a bag maker to collaborate!

4 comments:

Christie Cottage said...

I love it! It is cool!!!

Love 2 B Inspired said...

I am amazed at the creativity! This is awesome.

Karen said...

Wow, the colors are awesome! I really like it!

Athena's Armoury said...

It looks great! I love the colors and it's so unique. I haven't tried felting yet (being a metalhead), but it's on my list of things to try.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY