Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Tuesday, 17 November 2009
I was thrilled to snag a copy of Carina Spencer's (Sweet Mama Small Sugar) Bel Cloche hat pattern.

I had purchase some lovely Willow BFL in 'Mercado' ~ Rowan picked it and it totally reminds me of the old Fruit Chiclets!

Carina's pattern is lovely~ easy to follow, not too complicated, while offering some very pretty patterning (like the lace brim).

The result is very pretty, but a little on the large size (totally my fault, didn't do a gauge swatch and I am a novice with circular kntting ~ learned Magic Loop for this).

I guess big is better than small, right?Reminds me of this Fat Albert character:But roll up the brim and it isn't so bad!

I think this would be lovely done in a light cotton for the summer, too. Maybe the right size, next time!

6 comments:

Alison said...

Yep, too big is definitely better than too small. With too small, you're pretty much stuck giving it away to a younger/smaller head, ripping back and starting over, or just crying...

gunknitter said...

It was a beautiful hat, and I agree, big is better than small :))

Have a nice day :))

YOUR CANINE COMMENTATOR said...

Fruit Chicklets!! I'm look for those for my Dad for Christmas. Let me know if you know of a source. Love the hat! Knitting is prozac for women of finely integrated intellect and emotion. - at least from a dog's perspective. Hey I don't even have thumbs.
drop by my place. Say hey.
http://fidosfunkfashion.blogspot.com

Chrissy P. said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for a Blog Award today!! I love your blog & wanted to share it with some of my readers!! Pick 'em up here: www.feltedchicken.blogspot.com

Thanx
Chrissy P.

woolies said...

Great colors in your wonderful hat!!

DelBurgoon said...

foxy下載18成人交友成人小說6k聊天網ut同志交友網影音視訊聊天室av女優免費影片高雄視訊av104微風論壇短片區免費線上成人影片aa片免費看a片面費看utshow視訊聊天sexdiy影城洪爺後官電影院視訊交友ing777成人區1007影音視訊交友網台灣情網色

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY