Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Thursday, 21 January 2010
OK. I finally get it.
I have tried wet felting (by hand) numerous times and have always been disappointed in my results despite the hand breaking effort involved and figured that an outbreak of eczema wasn't worth it.
But I tried again (isn't that a definition of insanity, continuing to do something the same way over and over again when it doesn't work?) and it *clicked*.
I don't know why or how but I MADE FELT.
And now I want to make more and more and more!

I have been struggling over the last year with repetitive strain issues from needlefelting and the time has come to try and reduce the wear on my joints by reducing my felting (Waaah!). But I love felting. I adore fiber. I have an entire wall of the stuff! Hence my insane (by definition) attempt once more.

Hopefully spreading out my urge to felt over both wet and needle work (and needle embellished wet work) will ease the strain while opening up whole new worlds of possibilities!

I have some really fun crowns in the works and I have been busy creating Easter Eggs and bangles along with some other wet felted ideas still being hammered out using the 'fabric' I can now, magically, serendipitously, create.
For some time I have wanted to make matryoshka dolls (Russian nesting dolls) but the logistics in needlefelting were escaping me. BUT add wet felting and Столько (which Babelfish tells me is voila in Russian!). This first set has 3 dolls and I am working on making a 4-5 doll set (we'll see!).
Ah. I feel the wet felting love.

5 comments:

Polar Bear Creations said...

How cool! Love the eggs and the dolls.
Glad you went back to try the wet felting again.
:0)

Joanna Pass said...

I love your dolls, they must have been quite time consuming and fiddly! Well done

gunknitter said...

Your Russian dolls are amazing !! I really love them !

Have a nice day!

Cindy Lietz, Polymer Clay Tutor said...

Oooo I love the little nesting dolls! They are truly awesome!

LJ Ducharme said...

Those Russian felted eggs are awesome!!! I have to ask if you use a form, or are you just doing it free-hand?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY