Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Sunday, 18 April 2010
When the first baby laughed for the first time, its laugh broke into a thousand pieces, and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies.  And now when every new baby is born its first laugh becomes a fairy.  So there ought to be one fairy for every boy or girl.  ~James Matthew Barrie, Peter Pan
Of course, Peter Pan goes on to say that every time a child says they don't believe in fairies, a fairy 'falls down dead".

Rowan and I took her first trip to a live theatre production today and saw a delightful production of Peter Pan (The Musical).  She gasped when she heard this about the fairies, and was fully committed to helping revive a poisoned Tinkerbell by calling out "I belive in fairies!" (despite her having told me recently "You know Mommy, fairies are just pretend, but we can pretend because you like them". Little stinker!).

I am going to make her a tee in her size in one of my favourite Daydream Believer designs, now that she 'gets' it, if only for my sake!


Jessica said...

One day last summer, while we gazed at a fairy ring in our backyard, my Benjamin said to me, "I don't think I believe in fairies." So, I said, "That's okay. You don't have to. But, I DO!" To that he replied, "I believe in gnomes, though." :)

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo said...

We do believe in fairies! We do! Such a cute little tee!

MichellSommerville0202 said...


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY