Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Saturday, 29 May 2010
I love a Saturday with room enough for chores and my own projects, too!

I fell in love with the 'My Folklore' fabric by Lecien a while back, and managed to find enough of it in one place (I love this site's matching software, very helpful!) to make this little sundress for Rowan.  Along with the squirrels and toadstools, the dress has trees with rowan-esque leaves and red berries~ and given that it is a Nordic Folklore inspired print, they are very possibly rowan trees, either way it is a sweet print for any season. The dots print ... I don't know its name!
I used the Macy Giggles pattern by Ivy & Izzy Designs which is readily available on Etsy.
I made the size 4-5 which is ample for my 4/5T kiddo (the buttons can be moved over another inch or more as  she grows), I will add extra length to the same size if I get around to making another.  The straps are gathered and can be worn as straps or spread over the shoulder as a cap sleeve.  I can definitely see this dress as a pinafore for school come fall!

And, having recently taken a look at the deplorable condition of Rowan's beloved stuffed 'Puppy' and his current well worn dress (bought for a Waldorf doll but given immediately to Puppy), I decided it was time for a new one for Puppy, too.  A few stops and starts and I got it done, and not a bad job of canine tailoring considering I had no pattern and I am not a natural seamstress! I even snuck Pup into the 'bath' (washing machine) while I had him in my possession for his couture.

The ponytail holders are for Rowan, but I suspect Puppy will be wearing them to church tomorrow.


Glenaeon Class 3,2010 said...

love the dress beautiful
Love wendy

sarah in the woods said...

Oh so adorable! I love that fabric too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY