Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Tuesday, 11 May 2010
In Waldorf education, each day of the week has an associated colour, planet and grain.

Over the next while I am going to feature handmade, natural items that would be wonderful to help mark the rhythm of the week at home with your little ones.  Many of the items come from members of Etsy's Natural Kids Team (search: naturalkids team).

Tuesday is Red and what is more fun + red than Toadstools?!

Needlefelted Ball by darialvovsky:
Toadstool home (and gnome!) from Fairyfolk:
Four Season Children by BTRT:
An adorable little dress for your Waldorf Doll by germandolls:
And for all your toadstool needs, felted supply toadstools from StemillinaSupplies:
 Have a great day!


Beth said...

I love your little toadstool collection! Thank you for assembling it for us to see today. love, Beth


What an amazing collection of magical toadstool beauty!

fel4u said...

I love toadstools.Beautiful collection ! Thank you very much for including my wool felted mushrooms in your post♥

The Magic Onions said...

Oooh, how wonderful!!! I have a toadstool obsession at the moment so this is just heaven to me!! Thanks so much for including my Toadstool Home in this enchanting collection.

cutelittlething said...

Oh, the cute and even cuter in mass.

daria said...

Absolutely stunning collection!!!!
Thank you so much for including my needle felted ball!!

Rae Blu said...

Lovely! I adore the Waldorf color days...

My favorite Red mama item right now is this:

I just found that store today. Aren't her creations lovely?

Red is my first born's favorite color, so we find lots of it around here. I'm personally rather fond of putting long red ribbons in her hair. I do think we need some of those wee toadstools, though...

Rae Blu on FB. :)

Kristin said...

My four-year-old says her favorite red thing right now is Boots the monkey's red boots on Dora the Explorer!

I just love felted stuff, like the toadstools. They just look so squishy and fun to play with!

Simple Mama said...

Cardinals are my favorite red thing. They remind me of my grandfather who passed away many years ago. Whenever I see a cardinal a little piece of me feels like it's my grandpa watching over me.

Jill C said...

love all the toadstools!

my favorite red thing is...


CanCan said...

We have red sun hats that always get compliments. They are SPF 50, too :)

onlycancan ta hotmail tod com

Jamie said...

This time of year, my favorite thing is fresh picked Strawberries! I enjoy nothing more then taking my 3 girls Strawberry picking. We all look forward to it and enjoy it very much.

Jamie said...

I forgot to add my email address. It is j_gonzo99 at yahoo dot com

Jessy Burnett said...

Love it all!!!

Red is my husband's favorite color.

My favorite red thing is my old red pillow. I got it when I was a teenager, and my oldest daughter fell in love with it, and it is what she cuddled most when she was really sick in the hospital. She sleeps with it every night even now, and I love how it smells just like her.
Jessy Burnett

angelina said...

favorite red thing:: fire!

luvlieK - Kelly said...

Our kitchen :o)

Margo B said...

When I stop to think about it we have a lot of red in our daily lives - our 12 year old car is red, my every day sneakers are red, my favorite (and only comfortable pair of heels are red, my daughter loves her red topsy turvy little red riding hood doll, her red bucket, a nice red apple,.. oh there are so many red things

Our favorite red thing is ladybugs (and their suppose to be lucky too, so hopefully there's a red silk coming our way!)

fingers crossed,
Margo Bulpitt

Katherine said...

I love everything pictured! My favorite red thing is my grandma's pair of ruby earrings. Every time I wear them I remember her and the time we spent together.

Chandra said...

Hard to pick one thing. I love the color red. I love red roses that I got for Mother's Day. I also love my red curtains my mom sewed for me.

RosedaleTimes said...

We do love strawberries and toadstools, but I've decided to answer for my daughter. She loves the little, bright red button in the middle of our laptop keyboard that controls the mouse. She steals it and runs off with it in her mouth whenever our guard is down. It is definitely her favorite red thing, and it is definitely the smallest thing in our house that creates the biggest stir!

thank you for your toadstool pictorial, it brightened my day.

nick anner


mrsbeccijo said...

Thanks for this lovely post, mushrooms are my fav!!! I can't get enough of them!

Lindsay RC Wilson said...

I Love Red...
...rock (I am from Las Vegas close to Redrock Canyon & Valley of Fire)
...leaves in fall
and so much more

Glenaeon Class 3,2010 said...

my favourite red thing is my red long winter coat and red knitted jumper that I made 32 yr ago
love it
wendy phillis
I love your toadstool house gorgeous

TrinityDawnMaura said...

I love bright, juicy red strawberries.

I can't wait until it is strawberry season again next month. Our local farm is holding a Strawberry Festival and our family is excited to go. : )

Lori said...

oooh! Such lovely answers! I love red, too. One of my favourite red things is my ministry stole for PEntecost which I only get to wear one Sunday a year... and that is coming up, yay!

I used the random number generator again, and congrats to the winner:
Lindsay RC Wilson!

And thanks to everyone for your responses, I really love reading them and getting to know a bit about you through them :)

lilgamoma said...

I'm with Trinity- strawberries have to be my fave red anything! My 4 yr old keeps raiding it for all the ripe ones though! LOL
But I love those tiny red shrooms- the needlefelted ones. That's the 1st thing I ever NF'd.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY