Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Sunday, 20 June 2010
I think I just might be a born again knitter.
I haven't knit in years. Too boring. Too many other things to do.
But then I am continually surrounded, online, by the most gorgeous hand dyed yarn.
And I am such a sucker for fiber and colour.

This most recent project has firmly landed me back in the land of the knitting.

This is the adorable and versatile Maxi Dress pattern (free HERE) from Knitting Adventures.
I used Mosaic Moon's Black Rainbow colorway on Uruguay 3 ply Merino with Paton's Classic Wool in black for the trim.  I am so pleased with the simple tailoring of this dress (and that I pulled it off~ I mean, everything matches up evenly and neatly, woohoo!)~ it is one piece all done in the round.  And with any luck and no laundry accidents (I really should have considered using a washable yarn, doh!) we should get a couple years out of this as a dress and a tunic/top.
 I worked out my own little flower, and I think I am going to make a few more for brooches with some of the small amounts of pretty colorways hanging about!
My next project is undecided, but I do have a little of this on the way and suggestions are welcome (8 oz)....
(Winter Solstice Sky, Mosaic Moon)


nova_j said...

oh gorgeous!! looks like you'll get a lot of use out of it!

as for your new yarn (love the colourway) - i highly recommend the Spring Butterfly cardigan by Rachel Evans (her blog is here) my daughter gets compliments on hers wherever she goes, and it's just perfect for summer evenings or spring/autumn weather :)

woolies said...

Beautiful job! Georgeous!

FairiesNest said...

Lovely dress! I bet it will be a favorite for a long time!

For love of my oceans said...

How cool is that? amazing talent you have there I am always wishing I had more useful hobbies. Fabulous job!

For Love Of My Oceans said...

Oh my goodness, soo happy I found this site! Your creations are both astonishing and beautiful. Wonderful job!

Twig and Toadstool said...

how beautiful!!! I'm a new knitter, but what the heck...I'm gonna try my darndest to pull it off, (with the help of my knitting friends, I think I can make on too)!!!! LOVE it!
(and the colours are gorgeous)!

Lori said...

Thanks :)
You can do it Maureen!
Knitting in the round, ribbing and some simple increases... go you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY