Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Friday, 25 June 2010
OK, turquoise isn't *new* but it has changed my long held stance on the blah-ness of blue. I can never pick a favourite colour, but I could always pick a least favourite. Yep. Blue.

I think it goes back to the awful grey blue tshirt my grandmother gave me from a trip to Florida when I was about 12.  It made me look like I had the plague, or the  pox, or some other gruesome communicable disease. Or even earlier~ back to my blue eyed mother and sister crooning 'Don't it Make Your Brown Eyes Blue' to brown-eyed-me, changing the lyrics to 'Gonna make my brown eyes blue' and evidencing the desirability of having blue eyes as they sang along in the shag carpeted back of a friend's custom painted van (yes, it was the 70s and my memory is distinctly rust and gold coloured, too).

Anyway, blue and I never hit it off.  And then I found turquoise.
Yes, this is going somewhere... Saturday is marked by the colour blue in Waldorf education...
So enjoy these pretty turquoise picks from the Natural Kids team on Etsy (search anytime: naturalkids team).

Sweet turquoise Itty Bitty Gummie Birdie by yarnmiracle:
A Flock of Sea Turtles (you thought I was going to say Seagulls, didn't you?) by curlymonkey:
 Soft cloth shoes for teeny tootsies from RubysSlippers:
Cutelittlething made this cute little thing!
ImaginationKids offers this sweet cloud stacker:
And one of my own favourite turquoise pieces for cooling down on  hot summer day!
I didn't mean to treat you bad
Didn't know just what I had
But, honey, now I do
And don't it make my brown eyes
Don't it make my brown eyes
Don't it make my brown eyes blue

9 comments:

CURLYMONKEY said...

Very refreshing! Thank you so much for including our Flock of Sea Turtles!

mrsbeccijo said...

Love the fresh blue color! Thanks for your support of the team!
Beccijo
http://www.etsy.com/shop/theenchantedcupboard

Emily said...

I love blue on Saturday! Big blue sky to play under. Birdies are partial to sunny weather too.

When it's not 97deg, of course.

EvesLittleEarthlings said...

I love that little blue bird!

cutelittlething said...

I must say I have too have PTSD like reaction to blue (mine is due to a flashback to a blue living room) but turquise...ahhhh, so much nicer. Thanks for including my Perfect Robins Nest :)

Lori said...

Thanks and LOL Cutelittlething! We need a support group ;)

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo said...

Love it! As a brown-eyed myself, I remember singing a song and learning it on the piano: "Beautiful, beautiful brown eyes, I'll never love blue eyes again!"

文群文群 said...

知識可以傳授,智慧卻不行。每個人必須成為他自己。....................................................................

for love of my oceans said...

wow what gorgeous shades of turquois. All those products are just fabulous. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY