Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Friday, 2 July 2010
Today, our Briar died.  He would have been 12 next month and was a grand old gentleman. Pigheaded with a marshmallow heart and the most tolerant, gentle and silly of souls.

I have a whole cache of wonderful, funny, touching Briar stories, but today I am too sad and I have one very sad little girl here, too.  My husband is not yet home from taking Briar for his last road trip, but this will be very hard for him as Briar was his first real pet (and though Boo was mine before I met Andy, he was definitely Andy's dog). 

So I just want to mark his passing and I will recount the 'Briar stories' another day.

Briar, Hiddencreek's Follow Me (1998 - 2010)
With thanks to Kate Hood for this fabulous portrait of Briar, taken last fall.


for love of my oceans said...

I am so sorry to hear of his passing. I'm sure it will be hard on your whole family. Best wishes in the days to come, I'm sure they will be rather difficult. Just do your best to focus on the good memories you shared.

nocton4 said...

love and care to you all xx

Campbell Jane said...

I'm so sorry. I know it's left a hole in your heart. Your description of him being a grand old gentleman looks exactly like his picture!
Many blessings

kat said...

what sadness! my heart aches for you.

Lori said...

Thank you all.
It has been a sad weekend here, but a peaceful one, it was the right thing in the right time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY