Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Wednesday, 29 September 2010
That mama bear vibe must be mighty strong!

A little while ago I posted about the need to protect my cub.  And call it the universe, serendipity, coincidence or the Holy Spirit, but the mama bear vibe must be all around me.  Positively, the situation with my daughter is improved and while we are still anxious, our best hope is that things will smooth out for her now at school.

In the meantime, I have had two interesting interactions with folks who did not know our situation, or that we were using mama and baby bear images to help Rowan with her situation and her sense of being safe.

A friend sent us a link from the movie The Bear which was exactly what we needed and at just the right time~ the cub who stands up for himself and the mama who backs him up. I haven't seen the movie in years and this scene, at this time, brought me to tears.

And today, a member of the church told me she had a dream about me.  In it, she and her 8 year old granddaughter were walking in the cemetery and her granddaughter spotted a bear approaching.  The grandmother told the girl to run and tried to pull her away, but the terrified child was screaming and not budging as the bear approached.  And then... in *I* swept, lifted the girl into my arms and saved the day. What a hoot! 

But also, striking, in that she knew nothing of our situation or our reliance on that image of late.

I can live with being a mama bear ♥


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY