Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Wednesday, 1 September 2010
I was a sew-er (sewist? Seamstress seems too professional!) in my past life (pre-child), a quilter, too.

My very favourite part of quilting was choosing the fabrics, followed closely by piecing them together. The quilting itself? meh. I could take or leave it. And binding, ugh.  Now I have discovered a way to do just the best parts of quilting AND make little girls happy... win!

I have launched a line of girly twirl skirts ~ patchwork, strip pieced~ in fun palettes and for the active girl.  My daughter loves her skirts and wears them for climbing trees, and swinging on the monkey bars all year round.  I love them because they last~ unlike pants that get too short or the waists are too big or too small, but never just right~ these skirts fit and grow with the girl, giving you a good 2 years for the toddler set. Win for the moms!

All skirts are 100% cotton, machine washable (and dryer, too, though hanging to dry will be better in the long run).  Seams are all serged and top-stitched for a professional (and tidy!) finish. Both styles pictured here are made with about 50 pieces of fabric pieced together!

I am working through my (not insubstantial) fabric stash and adding new fabrics, too from some of the hottest designer lines.

There are a couple of custom slots for the patchwork skirts are available in the Etsy shop, and the stripwork rainbow skirts are launching tomorrow at Lily Pad Landing at 3 PM est.
And I am in search of some good names for the patterns, too! ♥

3 comments:

Sunshine Mama said...

These have to be the coolest skirts I have ever seen! Love them!

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

These are lovely. Well done!

Julie said...

The rainbow striped one is sooo beautiful! I was ooooing and ahhhing over it when you posted it on facebook yesterday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY