Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Monday, 4 October 2010
When I was expecting our daughter I stumbled across the book 'Snuggle Puppy' by Sandra Boynton on my first tenative foray into the children's section of the bookstore.  It made me cry and I brought it home.
In those long days of waiting for Rowan to arrive, I would sit in the nursery and read the book aloud to her. I would imagine what it would be like to meet her and read the story with her in my arms.


Fast forward to today.
Rowan's reading skills are blossoming and she has put together the phonics with the sight reading and is doing well~ my favourite part is that she is SO excited about learning to read and is reading everything she can (labels, signs, mail...). 

Tonight, with only a little help (and ok, yes, she knows the chorus parts by heart!), she read Snuggle Puppy to me.

And again I was moved to tears.


OOOO Snuggle Puppy of mine,
everything about you is especially fine!
I love what you are, I love what you do!
Fuzzy little snuggle puppy I love you!

2 comments:

elsiee said...

now you've given me a little tear... these moments are so precious I can tell you are enjoying every second of them, good for you!

asteiner18 said...

That is seriously precious. I cant wait for lette to start putting reading together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY