Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Thursday, 11 November 2010
This is one of my very favourite designs in our Daydream Believer line of tees for kids and grownups~ tees that honour our children and embrace the nature of childhood.

I think I made it for the child I was... forever talking 'too much'... and for my daughter, too.
 I have too say that being told by her teacher that she is talking too much in class makes me a little proud, if only because I can say "that's *my* girl".  It also means that when it comes to discussing this issue with my daughter, I lack something in credibility if I chastise her for being herself.  Rather, I remind her that I know how hard it is to need to say everything we think, and to think by saying, but that we need to always work (and I do, to this day!) on being respectful and allowing others to speak while we listen.  Someday I will no doubt have to discuss the true nature of listening~ that it is not just the time to catch your breath and prepare your next words!

But for now, we acknowledge our nature and we both enjoy wearing our 'Expressive' tshirts (with vintage text book illustration and words by Maya Angelou).
"The bird doesn't sing because it has an answer.
It sings because it has a song."
~Maya Angelou

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY