Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Monday, 13 December 2010
Now, I am still of the opinion that the dogs should *not* be expecting a visit from Old Saint Nick this year (bad dogs!), however, we live in hope.

I was charged with creating stockings for the canines, and wanting to stretch my embroidery muscles a little, I went to work on Archie's stocking.
I drew out the stocking shape and used it as a template for front and back. All the pieces are cut freehand from wool felt (thank goodness for shaggy dogs~ no precision required!).
Some creative piecing and a stylized Sheltie emerged.
I 'tacked' all the pieces in place with a bit of glue, worked a simple few stitches and it came together rather nicely!
I machine stitched the front to the back when all the handwork was completed.
The great news is that Rowan has decided that this design will suit Puppy just fine, as long as I add the jingle bells. And Hooligan needs one, too!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY