Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Monday, 3 January 2011
For the last few months I have felt sort of like I was hanging on to the dragon's tail.
Out of range of the fire, but still in peril... taking on too much.
One simple day, nothing out of the ordinary, I was overwhelmed with the need to create. 
And I realized how much a part of my life it has become to make stuff.
How much a part of staying centered, finding meaning and taking time for prayer and reflection.
With my recent kick in the pants from my body (and believe me, that isn't easy to achieve!), telling me to stop doing too much on too little (proper food, exercise, sleep, self-care...), I have had to take some time off and I am struggling with it, but trying to take it as the universe giving me a sign, the time, to take care of myself.

And that means taking time to create some things just because... just because it brings me peace and satisfaction to play with pretty colours and fibers.  And that is where this scarf came from.
It is big ~ 22 x 90" (approx. 2 x 7')~ and the doodling of hundreds of dragon scales in resist, and then filling them with paint, has taken me many hours. And then the heat setting, pressing and finishing.  And you know, I might just keep this one.  Lord knows where I would wear it, but I am not sure I can let it go, because it speaks to me from a place of health, a place where I need to be (and if we want to stretch the metaphor, maybe it becomes a matter of me wearing the dragon's tail and not the other way around?). We'll see! ♥


Rae said...

Oh. My. Gosh. That is stunning.

If it were me... I'm afraid I'd have to keep it. ;)

sarah in the woods said...

Amazingly beautiful! What a creative inspiration you are!

FairiesNest said...

Magnificent! I think you're on the right track, I'm also trying to make space to create art...just because I want to!

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo said...

Whoa! Lori! You are so amazingly talented...such a gorgeous silk, please do keep it for deserve it!

Lori said...

Thanks :) I am keeping it and I am going to offer a couple of custom slots for various silk bases, I think. That way I can make another if someone likes, but I get to keep mine!

Little Pink Bird said...

this is so beautiful ♥

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY