Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Friday, 21 January 2011
oooh!  I love toys!  Especially toys that let you play with WORDS + COLOUR. I mean, how COOL is that?
Check out Wordle if you want to play, too!

At first I entered my whole blog, but for some reason it was weighting recent posts more strongly (maybe just reading first page?) so there was a lot of yellow and makeup in my finished image, which I don't think truly represents the impact of my words (or I hope not!).  So then I tried my Etsy shop, and got a lot of words like 'listing' that reflect the business nature of the page.  So then I decided to pull my blurbs from blog, website and Etsy~ the places where I write about what all this is about (click image to see at a more readable size)...
So much fun! I  also made one for Rowan's room (ust keep hitting randomize, and playing with fonts and layout as you go, until you hit one your love!)... link me up if you make one, I'd love to see them!
 Hint: to paste in a larger size, or to print to use, save your file to the Wordle Gallery and then press 'alt' + 'print screen' to take a screenshot to paste into your photo editing program, where you can resize etc.

Have fun! ♥

7 comments:

Em said...

I work in communications and sometimes use Wordle to see if what I'm writing is actually getting across what I want to emphasize. Seeing which words appear largest helps me to determine that quickly. And it's super fun!

Lori said...

hey, that is an awesome idea for sermons, too! :)

sarah in the woods said...

That's fun! I tried it a little with my blog, but the word "bloodiest" kept coming up every time in big bold letters, because I had said something about Larkin losing his tooth. I think I'll keep trying for a nicer one though.

Lori said...

oh no! LOL That would be a nice memento fo the tooth losing occassion, though ;)

Dreaming Monet said...

this is neat - i have a mfa in writing so this is right up my alley. i need to make alice some wall art like this.

Kitten With a Whiplash said...

I like the way the top one looks like a footprint.

Lori said...

Yes you do Deborah!
I think it would be great for self-esteem building with kids, too~ using words about themselves :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY