Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Tuesday, 8 February 2011
Last week I was sorting through my wool and came across a rather large pocket of yellow fiber.  I can never conceptualize how much wool a pound will be... and I ordered a pound of yellow wool. Three years ago.

So I set it out on the table and waited for inspiration to hit.
And it did.
Cheese. A big chunk of cheese.
(Being dairy allergic, the mere thought of all that cheese is rather sickening!).
I had some mice already made, and in the interest of creating an interactive piece of cheese (Yes, I said interactive cheese), decided on Swiss.
 Great idea, right? But creating open spaces in a 3D object is challenging when you work without wires (*pictures self swinging from trapeze*)~ without an internal frame. But darn it, I did it!
I paired the hunk of Swiss with the wee mice and painted a 22" silk picnic for them to conquer!  The set goes on sale tomorrow at FRESH.

Brain: Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?
Pinky: I think so, Brain.  But me and Pippi Longstocking? What would the children look like?

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow! It turned out REALLY cute!! You are extremely talented. :-)

FairiesNest said...

That is beyond adorable!!

Shannon said...

oops! i bought it!
I have had exactly this idea running around in my head for days except not needle felted so yours is so much better and I didn't stab myself once! thank you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY