Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Saturday, 5 March 2011
As Etsy pushes ever onwards to some amorphous idea of social shopping, there are ever more ways to connect and find people.  One of them is circles~ sort of like favourites, I guess, except you all share your activity in one big circle f.... FEED, I am going to say feed. Circle Feed.

I find I do actually enjoy seeing what people I actually know are looking at and finding.
Tonight I thought I'd peek and see who 'circled' me.
And oh my goodness.
Falling Ladies.
The artist says:
I seem to be stuck painting falling ladies. Sometimes I sit down to paint a landscape, or flowers but I almost always end up with another falling lady. I have been asked if I've sought therapy for this, but I said no, it was easier to just keep painting them. That;s therapy in itself.
Brilliant. Simply wonderful.
Having had an experience of 'falling' myself this winter.
Of well, just falling... is the best way to describe it.  Losing my grip and becoming very ill from a mountain of stresses and clawing my way back after burnout (a genuine risk of ministry~ next to dentists, apparently, ministers are the most high stressed and likely to burnout, so after 15 years, I guess I was due).  I haven't spoken of it much here, but I have done a lot of reflection, boundary re-setting and healthful changemaking in my life this new year. And I feel good and I know what is needful.

And these falling ladies struck a chord in me.
falling fast and hard, but loving the feel of the wind. These ladies fall when life gets hard and hectic but they learned to enjoy and embrace the fall,the wind in their hair. they've got grace and style despite the fall.
She's right, falling isn't so bad.  Somewhere on the way down I fell back into myself again. ♥


Fallingladies said...

Wow, I just decided to check my shop and I saw your comment thru etsy. Thanks so much for the kind write up. I'm so touched that my ladies speak to you in some way. I paint them totally for me but then they end up meaning different things to different people. Glad to hear you're on your way to yourself again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY