Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Thursday, 17 March 2011
Gosh, new books and new fabric or fiber have to be my favourite things to have arrive in the mail~ so much possibility! I am feeling giddy! You know that noise that Homer Simpson makes when he is overloaded on bliss. the head back drooling gurgling passing out one? That's the one I am making.

I have been playing with some of the gorgeous new Kate Spain 'Central Park' fabric the last couple of evenings and hope to have some new skirts listed if I can figure out where to photograph them ~ we are at the dirty soft snow stage of late winter... not pretty!  I am considering using my neighbour's house high snow pile because it is clean.  I just need to figure out how to convince my daughter to scale it in a spring skirt and tshirt?!
Another Central Park project

This is the fabric collection... isn't this quilt incredible?! 
The quilt is made by Carlene Westberg Designs.
Ha! I hope you didn't think I made it!
I have a dress planned for Rowan for Easter in the orange/ green/ yellow side of the collection and I have a custom twirl skirt in the works for someone else in the blues and purples. Which gives me lots of scraps to play with... yippee!

I also treated myself to some new books, the first in a long time.  I think I over estimated my (non-existent) reading time just a tad. But my wishlist has been growing for a while and with Rowan having moved quite fully out of preschool and into full on childhood, I am revisiting some faves like Unconditional Parenitng and Coloroso's Kids are Worth It but looking for some new ideas and guidance as well.  ( I should also mention we have been going through the process towards public adoption, so honing our skills is a good idea! More about that in another post, soon!).

So on my bookshelf, all fresh and new and enticing, bindings unbent, sit:
Bringing Up Geeks : How to Protect Your Kid's Childhood in a Grow Up Too Fast World.
Raising Our Children, Raising Ourselves: Changing Child-Parent Relationships from Reaction and Struggle to Freedom, Power and Joy.

Last Child in the Woods, Saving our Children from Nature Deficit Disorder
ANDCinderella Ate My Daughter
OK, I totally over estimated, but they had free shipping! Free shipping!
What's a girl to do?

Have you read any of these? Do you have something interesting on the go or on your wishlist? 
Do tell!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY