Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Monday, 25 April 2011
We don't have too many opportunities to really get dressed up  in our small town lives, so we do it up big for Easter... or at least Rowan does (I am usually so exhausted and bleary eyed by Easter Sunday I am lucky to put my clothes on right way 'round).
In your easter bonnet, with all the frills upon it,
You'll be the grandest lady in the easter parade.
I'll be all in clover and when they look you over,
I'll be the proudest fellow in the easter parade.
On the avenue, fifth avenue, the photographers will snap us,
And you'll find that you're in the rotogravure.
Oh, I could write a sonnet about your easter bonnet,
And of the girl I'm taking to the easter parade.
This year, I spotted the pattern for the 'Darla Jumper' from Kati Cupcake and I was smitten.  Combine that with a passionate spring fling I am having with kate Spain's 'Central Park' line and I couldn't wait for spring!
I was not overly happy with the pattern itself and found it had a number of shortcomings in both the writing (lack of photos, unclear directions) and in the finished dress. While I would make significant changes were I to use it again, we did enjoy getting Rowan all dressed up for Easter Sunday services!
  A shrug and a very hastily made satin flower brooch on Easter morning finished it off.... (just what a crafty mom needs between services and an unfinshed sermon, a sewing project!) (note the hint of her  stitches on her chin ~ chin met pool changeroom floor.... floor won)...


Rowan was so taken up with getting dressed up that she even let me do something pretty with her hair (usually ponytails are as much as she will allow) although she 'hated' it when it was done!  I loved it ♥.
 What's in your spring project basket? What projects are you excited about right now?

9 comments:

Tricia said...

LOVE that dress and her hairdo!! So adorable!

I'm like you...if my daughter has on an outfit that we don't have a hair clip to match, I will run and make one just for that outfit. =)

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

Love the dress and how it turned out! The fabrics are so bright and fun! She looks gorgeous.
xoxo,
Amy

Danielle said...

I love all the ruffles. It is such a fun bright dress. You did such a great job!

Lori @ Beneath the Rowan Tree said...

Thanks! Now we just need to find more opportunities to wear it... heck, any day is a good day for ruffles!

Katy said...

love the pattern, love the fabric, love the dress! yeah, it's great =)

Suzie said...

What an exquisite dress! I wish I had the sewing talents to pull something like this off!

Lori @ Beneath the Rowan Tree said...

Suzie~ it isn't that hard :) Lots of rectangles and patience ;)

Alison said...

It is so cute!!! And her hair looks great!

Emily said...

Your dress and her hair turned out gorgeous! I was a little surprised there weren't any diagrams in the pattern towards the end (the part that I thought was the most confusing).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY