Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Wednesday, 22 June 2011
Beneath the Rowan Tree has a little sister... Daydream Believers.
(And yes, you are supposed to be hearing Davy Jones' voice singing The Monkees version right now! and probably for the rest of the day...sorry about that!).

Daydream Believers is the line of shirts that we have developed to complement BTRT and our commitment to growing up wonder full kids. 
The main premise for DDB is positive labelling. 
Seeing our kids strengths as gifts (even as they challenge us as parents!) to be nurtured.
And inviting others to see them that way as well.
From time to time my daughter gets her 'name on the board' in her kindergarten class.
For talking too much.
(and for those who know me, yes, I know all about apples and trees and how close those apples fall).
And while we do talk about being respectful of others and not interrupting, we also discuss how tough it is, as talkative types (my brain works best when my mouth is moving!), to process things internally and about how it will be a lifelong learning process.
But even with this awareness, even with this acceptance, it can be hard to take sometimes!
One day I found myself channeling my mother as I said "Rowan, I need you to go to your room and close your door so I can't hear the talking (oh! the talking!!)". I was appalled (though I said it calmly and kindly) to be standing in my mother's shoes and to understand completely her frustrations with me as a child (although she denies it now, my mother did ground me once because I couldn't be quiet for ten minutes in a row).

So I have a favourite design from Daydream Believers.
Well, not favourite perhaps, but a fitting one for me and for my child (who outgrew her first shirt in this design and is now into her second one).
"The bird doesn't sing because it has an answer.
It sings because it has a song."

~Maya Angelou

Amen to that. ♥♥

2 comments:

Sky {Capital B} said...

I love these that you have showcased here!! What a fabulous idea- and such great designs! Good luck always to you! :)

Lori @ Beneath the Rowan Tree said...

Thanks :) I appreciate it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY