Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Friday, 8 July 2011
This is one of those ideas that makes kids happy.
And it is ridiculously fun for moms, too!

Andrea at The Simple Craft Diaries shared her new sprinkles rack last week, and I knew we needed one.

No, really.
We do!

First of all, we have an empty spice rack hanging on the kitchen wall.
My husband is the cook and doesn't like his spices all 'bleached out' in the sun.

And then there is the sprinkle problem.
(And I don't mean the half housebroken Papillon puppy either!)

Every time we bake we want sprinkles.
But the sprinkles are in the spice cupboard, shoved back behind all the spices (that are not on the spice rack).
So we don't see them.
And if I reach for them, an unsealed package of spices (how is this better than being in sealed bottles on the rack, I wonder?) pours out all over my head.
So we buy more sprinkles.
The result being that we have a growing collection of sprinkles, languishing away behind the oregano and thyme.
And it was time, nay, it was their RIGHT to come out into the light!

(ok, maybe a wee bit too passionate about the sprinkles' plight)

The Sprinkles Rack was meant to be.

Between our current stash and a trip to the bulk store ~ where I SCORED 2 POUNDS of red maple leaf sprinkles leftover from Canada Day for $0.49, yes $0.49, yes 2 pounds!!~ we are set for life with our bright, colorful sprinkls rack.

Now we have sprinkles for baking.
And ice cream.
Heck, we can serve bowls of red maple leaf sprinkles to guests, if we want.
The sprinkles are happy in their new domain.

So who wants to come over for a bowl of sprinkles? ♥♥

13 comments:

6060 said...

nice rack! We have lots of sprinkles too, but they all in their bottles! :) I wish I could organize like that, it's brilliant!

Kelly @ Run With Glitter said...

SQUEEL!!!! I love this and Can't wait to give it a try. I'm keeping my eye out for one @ a yardsale! My kids put sprinkles on EVERYTHING!
XOXO
HAve a great Weekend!

MamaWestWind said...

I love this! So pretty and we love sprinkles on everything, well almost everything. lol

Becca

Kristin said...

All homes should have one! Gonna see what I can whip up soon!

Noemi said...

Wow, it looks excellent.
I have to make something of the sort.
I love baking with my daughter! And she is always the one helping me to decorate all the biscuits and cakes.

Harvest Moon by Hand said...

What a beautiful display! My daughters (and I) would go WILD with sprinkles and use them on everything if they were in a display as lovely as the one you have.

Had to laugh at the serving-our-guest-bowls-of-sprinkles comment. I'm sure my daughters would love to have a meal of sprinkles if given the opportunity!

Lori @ Beneath the Rowan Tree said...

LOL
The funny thing is we don't use sprinkles all that often... now... we will!

Sunshine Mama said...

That looks so great, it would make any kitchen a happy place! We don't have sprinkles in our house, since my son has an intolerance to sugar and food colouring, but I'm thinking I might have to make an exception, just for decorating purposes ;)

Andrea said...

LORI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now I WANT YOIRS!!! hahahahaha


SOOOO gorgeous and shinny!!!!

LOVE LOVE IT!

Andrea

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

That was a great score on the Canada Day sprinkles, I will have to check out my local bulk barn - I hope I'm not too late!

Your sprinkle shelf is beautiful!

The Outlaw Mom said...

Awesome idea! We also NEED this :-)

LeighAnn said...

So beautiful! This should be on pinterest!

Heather said...

Love it! Where did you buy the rack from? Am I assuming right that the jars are from Ikea?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Sponsor :: Stoneware Pottery

Sponsor :: Handmade Women's Wear

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY