Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Tuesday, 16 August 2011
I have a box.
A BIG box of cotton tshirts.
Just sitting here, as they have done for about 18 months.
The plan has been to make something with them.
But until now, inspiration has not struck.

Some of them are upcycled, but 90% of them are brand new tees, washed and ready for butchering~ the mistakes salvaged from our print shop. I dyed a bunch of them about a year ago. I have tinkered with styles and techniques, never finding one that excited me.

Yesterday afternoon, around 3 pm, while standing in the lake watching the kids swim, it all gelled and I had to hurry home and make it happen! (well, 'hurry' meaning getting Rowan out of the lake, home, showered, fed... so it was more like 7 pm when I got to work).

(The same thing happens to me with preaching... I input the information and then it has to roll around in my head for a while until it is ready and then ...there it is... and it is best when this actually happens before Sunday morning!)

The Ring Around the Rosy Skirt has arrived!
• Soft yoga waistband, roll up or down
• Pretty swing shape, super soft cottons
• Detachable cotton flower~ wear on the skirt, a shirt, hair.. anywhere!
• Each one is one of a kind
• All dyes and paints are non-toxic professional and washfast

The funnest (it isn't a word, but should be!) part is that my business started, 4+ years ago, with hand dyed and hand painted cotton clothing, so these little skirts feel like coming home!

Available now and by chance in our Etsy shop♥♥


LeighAnn said...

So cute! I love that! I'd love a tutorial too!

Rachel@I Heart Crafty Things said...

You continue to amaze me!! These are darling! I love that you added the flower to them, so cute!

Scarlet said...

What a brilliant idea, Lori!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY