- ► 2014 (64)
- ► 2012 (69)
- The Cake :: A Saga in Eight Layers (Conclusion + A...
- Creative Kids :: Sharpie 'Tie Dye' Party
- The Cake :: A Saga in Eight Layers (Part Deux)
- Playdate ♥ Link Party/ Blog Hop (#21) ~ All Welcom...
- The Cake :: A Saga in Eight Layers
- Birthday Party :: The Set-Up
- Butterfly Garden :: Art Lessons, a Story, Happy Ki...
- Waldorf Tuesday :: Vibrant Reds
- Milestones :: Staying Up Way Too Late Reading a Go...
- Growing Up Slowly :: Summer Strong
- Ring Around the Rosy :: New Skirt!
- tuesday's guest :: Little Scientists with Tim Seld...
- Playdate ♥ Link Party in the Summer (#21)
- The Road Less Travelled :: River Road
- Outdoor Fun :: Color Scavenger Hunt
- A Hug & A Silkie to Change the World
- One of Those Days (June 15, 2009)
- Playdate ♥ Link Party in the Summer (#20)
- Rainbow + Polka Dots :: Carousel Skirt Fun
- Meet Me at The Cemetery Gates
- Life Lessons From a Horse :: The First Fall
- Crafts Inspired By... Annie Hoot and the Knitting ...
- tuesday's guest :: Make Elderberry Syrup w/ Heathe...
- ▼ August (23)
- ► 2010 (170)
- ► 2009 (146)
- ► 2008 (227)
Monday, 1 August 2011
Yay! It is Tuesday again! Today's guest blogger, Heather, of Aromatics & Herbs has a sweet and healthful tutorial to share. Heather, an aromatherapist, creates and offers her organic healing products through her Etsy Shop. I remember (with some distaste!) picking elderberries in the summer heat and biting bugs only to endure the seediness of elderberry pie. But Elderberry Syrup? Sounds divine! Welcome Heather!
It is suggested to take 1 tsp daily from October to April and if sick take 3 tsp. a day.
If you suspect you have H1N1 then you may want to stop the Elderberry because some research suggests that it could cause a cytokine storm. Just stop the use of Elderberry and start again when you are well.
Ok now to the Tutorial.
You will need: 2 oz of elderberries(1/2 cup), 1 cup of water, 1 cup of honey, a pot and a fine strainer, spoon and jar.
Bring to a boil.
You want to reduce the water by half.
Thanks Heather! Feel free to leave your comments here, or to direct any questions to Heather through her links at the top of the post. ♥♥
Labels: Guest Blogger
- Buy Handmade
- Child's Eye View
- Crafts for Kids
- creative childhood
- Creative Process
- Custom Work
- Etsy finds
- Etsy News
- Etsy News;
- fairy garden
- Gentle Parenting
- Guest Blogger
- low water immersion
- Motherhood and Tales from BTRT
- Natural Parenting Carnival
- Natural Toys and Playsilks
- Pregnancy Sculptures
- Princess Proofing
- product information
- product reviews
- reviews and features
- silk; Creative Process
- Technical Stuff
- The Nativity Project
- upcycled projects
- Waldorf Friday
- Waldorf Monday
- Waldorf Saturday
- Waldorf Sunday
- Waldorf Thursday
- Waldorf Tuesday
- Waldorf Wednesday
- women's clothing