Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Tuesday, 22 November 2011
It's all about me tonight.
Actually, I am just behind on blogging and bogged down in copious silk dyeing for holiday orders, so I stole this idea from Crafty Minx, who not only has hands identical to mine, but a super cool blog with a Crochet School ~ my December goal is to learn to crochet.
Sweet Print by Six Under a Tree Studio on Etsy.
So here it is...
A. Age: 38,  think. I always have to do the math. My husband turned 40 yesterday, so right now, I am happy being the one who isn't 40 yet.
B. Bed size: Queen. On the side that gets the view of the lake and the sunrise. When we lived in the city, I always wanted to change bed sides with my husband. He refused. So when we moved here, I kept my side, which just happened to be the lake side (score!).
C. Chore that you hate: vaccuuming. I can't even spell it.
D. Dogs: Yes. Murray the Four Pound Fury (Papillon) and Archie the Sheltie are the latest.
E. Essential start to your day: A snuggle with my girl and a snooze button.
F. Favourite color: All. How can I choose?
G. Gold or Silver:  Meh. Silver I guess.
H. Height: 5'6" although i still dream of being 6' tall to improve my height:weight ratio.
I. Instruments you play: I played the French Horn for 7 years but I am mostly tone deaf, bad choice!
J. Job title: Ordained Minister, well, title is technically "The Reverend" which is an honorific more than a title, as in, "This is The Rev. Lori" and not "Hey Reverend! How are you?". Doctor is a title, Rev. is an honorific. Ask Emily Post. But I digress.
K. Kids: I am in favour of them. And I have one.
L. Live: Small town, 'Near North' region of Ontario.
M. Mother's name: Jane. Unless you want to make her mad, then you call her 'Debbie Jane' a name she rejected in Grade One.
N. Nicknames: I was Low for many years to certain people.One colleague called me Lo-J. Rowan is currently calling me Snuggleface.
O. Overnight hospital stays: Hmm. Whooping Cough age 5 (mean nurses!), Gall Bladder age 25, End of pregnancy and post-partum age 32, Breast Reduction age 35 (yay! but mean nurses!).
P. Pet peeve: lateness
Q. Quote from a movie: "That'll do Pig"
R. Right or left handed: Right.
S. Siblings: Oh, yes. One sister, one half sister & one half brother (twins), another half sister, two step sisters and a step brother.
T. Time you wake up: Alarm goes off at 7:22, I hit snooze a few times...
U. Underwear: sure.
V. Vegetable you hate: Brussel Sprouts. Little malodorous brains. Ugh.
W. What makes you run late:  Nothing with a will to live. But generally marriage and motherhood... slowest. family. ever.
X. X-Rays you've had: neck/spine (broken spine), many, many ankles (all mine), chest.
Y. Yummy food that you make: guacamole! and those cereal bars with peanut butter and corn syrup that can be made dairy free.
Z. Zoo animal: Yes, please!  Although I am partial to the monkey named Chili we met this fall~ after a long drive to the zoo, during which Rowan and I discussed the source of various meats~ beef, pork etc~ we got to the zoo and the first animal we saw was Chili the monkey. The look on her face was PRICELESS. "Is that where chili comes from? Monkeys? Ewwww!".

There! I did it!
Feel free to add your own sordid alphabetical tales to the comments or your own blog!♥♥

2 comments:

Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom said...

Love it, you have some great answers! I will have to do this too...

melanie said...

I just found your blog because my sister ordered some silks for my girls today. So nice to have found you.

And I have to add that I use the quote "That'll do pig" a lot too. Although at this time of year my most used quote is probably "Christmas means carnage!" :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY