Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Wednesday, 24 April 2013
It has been said that God made people because God loves stories.
I wonder if people make things for the same reason?

I know that is what I love about handmade... the stories!
I also LOVE to dye to match (bring it ON!).
And I love to collaborate with other artisans.

I want to share a new shop with you.
The shop is the work of my dear friend Donna~
you will find her at Three Fine Woods on Etsy.
I have known Donna for 19 years, since I was a young pup of 21.
Donna is a little older (she really hates it when I compare her age to my mother's, but its close!).
We attended theological school together and have remained good friends,
more like family, but let's say sisters.
She was MC at my wedding (and stand in Mother of the Bride for rehearsal).
I performed her 30th anniversary renewal of vows with her husband.
We have also been colleagues in ministry to this day.
I met Donna's children when her youngest was about 7...
and now that daughter is also a dear friend
and MY seven year old's very favourite grownup.
And a colleague... (funeral director & minister).

This handmade story has ROOTS.

Along with her flawless crochet, knitting and sewing,
Donna has begun dyeing.
I was delighted to visit last week and see her dye stained fingers to match my own!
All of which leads to the whole loving to dye-to-match AND loving a collaboration bit.
Donna and I have paired her gorgeous cotton muslin swaddling wraps
with my not-too-shabby playsilks
to create a beautiful and natural layette gift!
Wouldn't these make a perfect baby shower gift?
Get all the details HERE.
Be sure to visit Donna at her shop... Three Fine Woods
and check out all of the gorgeous stuff for babies and toddlers!

Have you got a favourite handmade story to tell?
We'd love to have you as a guest blogger! ♥♥


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY