Join the Community

Follow Along

Never Miss a thing...

Enter your email address to be updated with new posts:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Honour the Child

Blog Archive

BTRT Patterns (on Etsy)

Thursday, 5 February 2015
{{Congratulations to winner LYNAJ}}
Passionate about giving new life to textiles through the creation of Waldorf inspired toys.
Fairyshadow is our guest this week, with a great giveaway (at the end of the post).
 Bringing you features about artisans and their businesses is such a joy~ I get to 'meet' so many fascinating people and introduce them to you!  Tania, the hands behind the adorable creations at Fairyshadow, is no exception.
 Mom of two girls, Tania and her husband live in the coastal hills of northern California, ranching sheep and cattle as the fifth generation on the ranch.  With its temperate climate and abundant resources, Sonoma County provides nearly all of the materials Tania needs for her handwork~ this local sourcing is important to Tania.

Fairyshadow was born of a need to cover unexpected expenses surrounding (successful!) cancer treatment for Tania's daughter (then aged 16). Harvesting materials from her own closets, Tania made dolls and hair accessories to sell locally and on Etsy. Since then, the business has grown and become 'part of the family'.
 

Nearly all of the toys at Fairyshadow are made with little-worn upcycled fabric gleaned from local thrift stores (the last stop before being bundled and shipped overseas as rags) and a second hand craft store that sells yardage to support a local senior's center. Tania's favourite find is knit cotton velour~ soft, versatile and pretty! Locally sourced wool is used for stuffing.

Tania approaches busy times with a sensible spirit of possibility~ breaking down any task into smaller bits makes it manageable. This same spirit defines her commitment to being part of the solution in recycling and reusing materials.  She looks forward to providing more kits and possibilities for at-home crafters to use upcycled textiles as well.
 
 

Tania's creations are lovely, warm and responsibly sourced.
Please take a few minutes to explore the Fairyshadow shop and be inspired to make something new out of something old in your own life!


GIVEAWAY: A set of 15 little bunting dolls.
These fifteen(15) little bunting dolls (various colours) are only 1-1/2" tall. 
Just small enough to rest hidden in a curled hand, crafted from upcycled cotton knit velour 
and a small wooden ball, these little babies are a wonderful addition to an Easter basket instead of jelly beans. They tuck into pockets, play baby to bigger dolls or snuggle into a nest pretending to be eggs ready to hatch. They are a fun way to share the good news of a pregnancy, gift at baby showers and fun little party  favors.
 HOW TO ENTER: 
Leave a comment on this post, up to 3 comments
1) Leave a comment with your favourite item in the Etsy shop
2) Leave a comment for liking the Fairyshadow Facebook Page.
3) Leave a comment for following this blog (ie become a follower on the upper left hand column)

Thanks for reading and entering ♥♥

48 comments:

Kathy Gaines said...

Our baby dolls need some babies of their own! These would be perfect!

softearthart said...

Tania, is such a cleaver crafty lady, her creations are so cool.
One talented sewer..

cheers Marie

Andrea said...

I LOVE the flower accessories! They're beautiful and full of texture!

Karla T said...

These baby dolls are beautiful!!

Michelle said...

I have two nieces who would love these tiny babies

Brooke N. said...

It's hard to choose a favorite, but the fairy babies and weighted Waldorf baby are especially sweet. :) If I'm lucky enough to win the bunting dolls, I would use them as gifts in our Easter egg hunt. Thank you for a chance to win. :)

Brooke N. said...

I already follow Fairyshadow on FB. :)

Brooke N. said...

I already follow BTRT on Pinterest and Etsy, and am now following the blog, which I already thought I was. ;) I love your work.

Anonymous said...

1.) What a wonderful easy shop. I loved the caterpillar doll with leaf pocket.

Andrea G
ang_ihy@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

2.) Liked on FB
Andrea G
ang_ihy@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

3.) Subscribed by email.
Andrea G
ang_ihy@hotmail.com

Fawn Potter said...

I love the fairy baby ornaments in the etsy shop!
Fawnpotter@gmail.com

Fawn Potter said...

<3

Fawn Potter said...

<3

LynaJ said...

I follow this blog :)

Katie said...

I loooove these!

LynaJ said...

I love the Waldorf weighted baby dolls!

Britt said...

These are so cute! Love them!

Karyn G said...

I love Tanya's heavy babies for toddlers!

Karyn G said...

Facebbok fan of fairy shadow. :)

Heather Bartok said...

It would be awesome to win!

Amanda said...

I like the fairy and mouse ornaments best!

Amanda said...

I Like The Fairyshadow Facebook Page!

Amanda said...

I follow this blog by subscribing through email!

boatbaby said...

Oh man, my daughter LOVES her mama/baby pocket doll from this shop and would be over the moon for more babies. I adore her leaf babies, been eyeing them for a long time. Thanks for the chance!

boatbaby said...

I also follow Beneath the Rowan Tree blog and page.

boatbaby said...

I like FairyShadow on FB too!

Mama Ruck said...

I love the leaf pocket dolls with caterpillar baby. I am a sucker for leaves.

Mama Ruck said...

I like Fairyshadow on FB.

Mama Ruck said...

I subscribe to BTRT. Thanks!

sh said...

Beautiful babies!

sh said...

I started following your blog quite recently! Kai loves his scarves! Thanks for a chance to win baby dolls!

sh said...

Also love the weighted Waldorf dolls Tania has in her Esty site :)

Anonymous said...

Really hard to choose a favorite on etsy! Love the fairy babies and ornaments. Flower bows are very cute.

Lori Boles said...

I can't find you on FB :(

Lori Boles said...

Can't figure out how to follow blog from my phone

Lori Boles said...

I feel a bit like a stalker. I found you on etsy, looked up your name on FB, found your matching picture and liked your upcycle page. I hope that counts!

Alison said...

I like the pocket dolls that they make.

The Mindful Home said...

I LOVE the weighted baby dolls!

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo said...

I love the little pink baby fairy!

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo said...

I have liked fairy shadow's facebook page!

BirchLeaf Designs - Wendy and Mojo said...

I am a follower of your blog!

Jennet (Feathered Nest Studio) said...

I liked their Facebook page!

Jennet (Feathered Nest Studio) said...

It is tough to pick a favourite item from their shop, but I love the boy dollhouse dolls! So cute.

Jana Karsnitz said...

Sorry if this is posted twice....we love all the of the little dolls on her etsy page! the flower fairy doll and the caterpillar dolls are precious...and so is the starchild doll.

Jana Karsnitz said...

I have liked the Fairyshadow Facebook Page!!

Thank you for the opportunity to win!

Jana Karsnitz said...

I am a follower of your blog!

Becky Hodgson said...

I liked your Facebook page! Great stuff!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Inspiring Blog

Sponsor: Reggie's Dolls

Sponsor :: Inspiring Blog

Playsilk Primer

Join the Link Party!

Go Creative!

Supply Kit for Silk Fairy Mobile DIY

Supply Kit for Silk Dolly DIY